Building Community ConnectionsUnlock Your Volunteer Leader Potential
Keys to Taking Your Program to the Next Level
Open doors to improving your community and enhancing your organization’s ability to do so. This is Volunteer Leadership 2.0, in which we can target the execution of good deeds, maximize your ability to make the world a better place, and generate a greater sense of purpose within and outside your program. Join us for “Building Community Connections,” a free volunteer leadership workshop Oct. 21 at Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary in Kihei, where you can learn the strategies of how to improve your program, those you serve, and yourselves.
This half-day workshop is led by Mary Lynn Perry, an expert in the field of volunteerism with vast experience in bridging agencies and the communities they serve. She will help guide you in:
- Learning the “service spectrum,” the pyramid of types of volunteering, and how to build it into your organization.
- Understanding the value of skills-based volunteering.
- Initiating hands-on projects with real results.
- Planning and organizing done-in-a-day service marathons.
- Creating and managing effective pro bono consulting projects.
- Identifying promising partners.
- Managing and marketing projects.
- Communicating the value of volunteers and their meaningful service.
- Measuring and celebrating success.
Register Now - Seating is Limited
Mary Lynn’s extensive experience includes serving as the Education Specialist with the Smithsonian Institution, Executive Director of Business Volunteers for the Arts in Sacramento, and Volunteer Coordinator for the City of Sacramento, California for 13 years. Mary Lynn currently serves on the Leadership Faculty for the Corporate Institute with the Points of Light Foundation.
What: “Building Community Connections,” a volunteer workshop
When: 9 AM – 12 Noon, Oct. 21
Where: Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
Details: Parking can be tight, so please consider carpooling if you can. Come a little early and enjoy some light refreshments & peer networking.
Fun giveaways and cool door prizes too!
Information: Contact Wendy