We look forward to partnering with your organization to make a difference in the lives of people in Maui County.
The County of Maui Volunteer Center joins with over 80 non-profit organizations to mobilize volunteers, helping fulfill their missions and meet community needs.
To become a County of Maui Volunteer Center partner and use our Get Connected service, your organization will need to be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit doing business in Maui County, a health care organization, school, or government entity.
As a partner of County of Maui Volunteer Center, you will be able to use our site to post volunteer opportunities (via Get Connected, the online volunteer opportunity system). You may also use the system to list events, in-kind needs, and employment opportunities.
You will receive training on Get Connected, learn how to set up your agency profile and post effective volunteer opportunities that elicit high responses.
You can nominate volunteers for the Annual Volunteer Hero Program.
You may participate in special training opportunities we offer exclusively to partner agencies.
- Create and maintain an Agency Profile with your logo, agency information, and photos. Be sure to include a phone number and contact person that volunteers may use to contact your organization.
- Complete our short Training Video Series that demonstrates how to create informative and effective postings for volunteer opportunities. Great postings will get more responses, and collect volunteer hours with a measurable benefit. Those statistics can then be used in your reports and fundraising efforts.
- Respond to all volunteer inquires in a timely manner (within two business days).
- Post regular and/or episodic volunteer opportunities, which should include a brief volunteer job description, creative and catchy volunteer position name, and a phone number to call with any questions about the opportunity.
- Update your agency profile and volunteer opportunities regularly (at least every 90 days). If your organization has not logged in within three months, the Volunteer Center will contact you to discuss why and how we can help you utilize the GetConnected program to your advantage.
- Have your volunteers sign up via GetConnected for a simple way to track your volunteer hours. These statistics on your volunteer hours make a great addition to your reports and fundraising efforts.
Become a Partner
Click on Get Connected – Agency Setup, fill out the enrollment and contact information requested.
You will be notified that your account is active. Next, you must complete the Get Connected Agency Profile; then you will be able to post volunteer opportunities for public viewing.
Agency Training Information for our
Get Connected Service
Once you become a partner, attending this 1 hour webinar will assist you in getting the maximum benefits from our Get Connected service.
Live webinar trainings are held Monday through Thursday. Trainings are performed by Get Connected experts, who provide clear, easy to follow instructions on signing up, posting volunteer needs and events and tracking volunteer hours and stats.
If you would like to meet in person, please contact us to set up an appointment.