Reopening & Recovery for Volunteer Programs in the COVID-19 World: Building a Solid Plan for Action
for Executive Directors and Volunteer Managers & Leaders
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on our community, our country and our world. As Volunteer Leaders, we’re acutely aware of the intricacies involved in reopening and thriving while keeping our staff, volunteers and community protected. Join us for a one-of-a-kind virtual conference September 22nd–24th to explore these issues and get the tools and resources you need for a clear path to reopening and recovery.
Registration for this event is now closed.
About this Conference
If your organization is worried about building its volunteer capacity post- COVID-19, it’s time to get a concrete plan in place so you can hit the ground running when you return to full operations.
In this three-day online immersion workshop, you will learn a clear, step-by-step process to assess your current and future needs and set a course for purposeful growth that is realistic and achievable in the current environment.
How do you build a team of ideal volunteers that support your agency’s evolving needs? How do you re-establish connections with past volunteers, even in times of uncertainty? How do you attract new volunteers with online tools? How do you onboard volunteers right now so you are ready for full operations? We’ll answer these questions and more.
Here are some of the ways this conference will benefit your organization:
- Network with like-minded nonprofit leaders
- Explore the fundamentals of creating a strong virtual team and the tools needed to succeed and build community online
- Pinpoint the types of volunteers your organization needs going forward and how to motivate them
- Develop an actionable plan for reengaging volunteers and onboarding them in a way that cultivates enthusiasm, commitment, and better follow through
- Build a plan to reconnect with volunteers online and build momentum for a return to service
- Learn essential skills needed to expand and deepen volunteer impact safely
- Tuesday, Sept 22, 9am-11:30am
- Wednesday, Sept 23, 9am-11:30am
- Thursday, Sept 24, 9am-11:30am
Virtual Conference Details:
- Registration deadline is September 17th by 5pm
- Conference will be held virtually
- Attendees will receive access to an online community as well as recordings of the conference sessions
DAY ONE – September 22, 9:00am – 11:30am
- Masterclass Opening Ceremony – 30 minutes
- Get oriented to the online community and live training sessions
- Meet like-minded people who’ll be learning with you
- Get ready to make the most of this unique experience
- Bust the Myths & Transform the Potential of Volunteer Talent – 75 minutes
- Address fixed mindsets that may be barriers to your success
- Take a moment to envision a sustainable ecosystem of support
- Develop a commitment to community statement
DAY TWO – September 23, 9:00am – 11:30am
- Re-building Volunteer Involvement at Your Agency – 60 minutes
- Pinpoint your current needs for volunteers
- Set a schedule to phase in roles as you transition your workforce
- Set a plan to maintain the safety and security of everyone
- Onboard Volunteers with Intention and Purpose – 60 minutes
- Integrate six volunteer motivations into the volunteer lifecycle
- Map out a welcome plan that inspires enthusiasm & commitment
- Set a plan to reconnect with volunteers online & build momentum for a return to service
DAY THREE – September 24, 9:00am – 11:30am
- Building a Strong Virtual Team – 75 minutes
- Fundamentals for working together online
- Basic tools you’ll need for success
- Forming a sense of community connection with volunteers
- Masterclass Closing Ceremony – 45 minutes
- Share your key takeaways
- Discuss next steps
- Set your intention going forward
Your Online Training Community
In addition to learning step-by-step frameworks through live online instruction, you will be able to share ideas with peers through talk story breaks. You’ll also be invited to share in an exclusive online forum where you can ask questions, watch replay recordings, and download bonus materials.
All students will receive access to the course community the week before the live training and will have full access until October 23 to network and review the training sessions.
Come learn from a master trainer with deep experience and a fresh, modern set of strategies for today’s leaders of volunteers.
Volunteers are vital assets to your organization’s sustainability, and now is the time to plan your volunteer program’s re-boot and recovery.
Tobi Johnson — Conference Leader
Tobi Johnson is an internationally sought-after expert, consultant, and master trainer in volunteer engagement. She is known for her modern thought leadership, highly practical evidence-based strategies, and innovative, “big hat” thinking around engaging, supporting, and acknowledging the work of volunteers.
She is the President of Tobi Johnson & Associates, a consulting firm whose mission is to help nonprofit organizations make connections with remarkable volunteers. In 2015, she founded VolunteerPro, an online training and networking community for leaders of volunteers. Tobi is also co-host of the Time + Talent Podcast with Jennifer Bennet of VolunteerMatch.
Tobi has over 30 years direct experience in nonprofit management, program development, program coordination, training delivery and learning design in the social sector. She wrote Chapter 1 of Volunteer Engagement 2.0: Ideas and Insights for Transforming Volunteer Programs in a Changing World.
A native of the Pacific Northwest, Tobi is a graduate of the University of Washington and has a master’s degree from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She now lives in East Tennessee with her husband and feline office assistant, Bailey.