Skills-based volunteers could be the answer to your critical needs!
Skills-based volunteering (SBV) is an innovative approach to amplify the impact of volunteering. Skills-based volunteerism utilizes the skills, experience, talents and education of volunteers and matches them with the needs of nonprofits. By leveraging all types of knowledge and expertise, SBV helps build and sustain nonprofits’ capacity to achieve their missions successfully.
- Wide variety of projects at no cost, including: developing vision and strategy, creating marketing plans and materials, recommending new programs, and training staff.
- Point of entry into the local business community.
- Expand and improve your services– reach farther and do more.
- Improve your processes, engage volunteers in meaningful, highly productive ways.
- Measurable results of the volunteering impact.
The 2020 estimated dollar value of traditional volunteering is $27.20 per hour (Source: Independent Sector). The 2019 estimated dollar value of skills-based volunteering averages $195 per hour (Source: Taproot Foundation).
Examples of SBV Projects
- Building/improving a website
- Translating materials into another language
- Providing HR trainings to staff members
- Tax assistance
- Developing a new database
- Writing grants